Certificates, Compliance & Commitment
In this context, please also bare in mind that Rome wasn’t built in one day. Even though we have started an ambitious project, our commitment with regards to sustainability and social wellbeing is an ongoing process in which we are continuously searching for ways to improve. Below you can find our current achievements, as well as our future commitments.
- All of our products have been tested by an authorised agency for RoHS(*) compliance and have obtained the necessary certificates. This way you can be sure no hazardous materials are used in our production process.
- All of our products have been tested by an authorised agency for REACH(*) compliance and have obtained the necessary certificates. This way we have proven to ban all chemical products which are potentially harmful for the environment and human health.
- Our manufacturer of our stainless steel components obtained the ISO 9001(*) certificate. Hereby, our supplier demonstrates to have a highly qualitative management system in place which consistently meets customer and regulatory requirements.
- Our manufacturer of the Japanese Miyota movement mechanism which we use in all our watches, obtained the ISO 14001(*) certificate. This way, our supplier demonstrates to have a highly qualitative and effective environmental management system in place. Meeting legal obligations, improving resource efficiency and reducing waste is in their DNA.
- Our workplace where experienced clockmakers carefully assemble our watches by hand, has been audited by an authorised agency on Working Conditions, Human Resources and Quality Control. People who work with KOBLA products need to be treated in the right way!
- We only use durable zero waste IP(*) technology to apply our golden, rose golden and black coatings.
- All our printing is done by a true Eco-Printing company. This way we only use recycled paper and vegetable ink for all our printing. That's how we like it!
- All our packaging and other disposable materials used for shipping are made from recycled paper. Even our cushioning paper inside the boxes is recycled.
- The main focus in our pursuit to sustainably develop KOBLA, will be on finding the right partner to supply us with vegetable tanned leather. Only using organic materials in the leather making process! Sounds good, doesn’t it?